digital click problem

vangore

i have a yamaha 03D and a digi 002 which are linked by lightpipe but im getting clicks on my tracks when recording with the preamps in the yamaha, they are both running at 48khz and 24 bits but there is no word clock cable connecting the two units, could this be the problem? i never had this problem when using the 03D with my old digi 001, im in desperate need of some help.

cheers, vangore.

Failure to sync all pieces of digital equipment to a common word clock source will almost always result in audible clicks and glitches in the recording.

Hey, you're making me miss my 03D, which I still have, but I'm mixing ITB with a control surface these days. I still think the 03Ds are great.
Not sure what your prob may be. You should be able to sync over lightpipe. What does the I/O page have to say? Is it registering clock sync? Have you tried trading who's the master? I never had a problem with TDIF and no WC, but using a dedicated wordclock is never a bad idea.

Lightpipe should contain clock... check that your clock is assigned to the lightpipe... check that master and slave are set up correctly.

Sounds like you may be set up for clock on TDIF as opposed to lightpipe...

Sounds like the O3D and the 002 are not locked together. One needs to be the master and the needs to clock to that. So just make sure the clock settings are correct in both units.

Back