Thread: A decent/cheap multi-effects processor?

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    Just looking for suggestions on a multi-effects processor for vocals/instrument that can do multiple simultaneous effects but for a decent price (if one exist).

Thanks

Wink

Well, I have a Quadraverb, but remember it has no distortions on it. The tremolo is choppy at best, and the leslie emulators are decent at best. The stereo panning and stuff is nice. I got a used one for 100$ at Harmony-Central.com, but you might want to look into something a little nicer if you plan to use a lot of stuff. Digitech studio line is pretty decent for the price.

MIKE

Thanks

Lightbulb

I got a clean used Alesis MicroVerb 4 for $100 recently. Has dozens of reverbs, plus combinations with chorus, flanging, pitch shifting etc. Everything but distortion modeling.

Nice unit, esp. for the price. Go look at Harmony-Central.com classifieds.

Thanks

Exclamation

I'm thinking there's a lot of fun to be had with Line 6 Gear. Once I get a decent mic, I'm going to try to pump vocals thru the tube preamp sim. and see if it sounds decent. I like using the reverbs to get that old "Bruce Springsteen-Nebraska" sound. (another great album recorded on a 4 track.)

Thanks

Wink

Nay, define decent price.

Less that $100? - ZOOM 505 (9 effects
    at once, noisy, mostly
    for guitars)

less than $200 - QUADVERB, MICROVERB
    (quiet-good for recording
    4/2 effects at once, good
    sound)

less than $300 - line 6 pod (mostly for
    guitars, good sound, quiet

and it goes up....

Thanks

Thumbs up

TonyA,
    I was thinking I dunno bout $250 and less range. From what others have said I'll probably go with the quadraverb. I've found a few on Ebay at a decent price.

Thanks

Wink

I own a Digitech Quadraverb V2. Not that great. Expect, if you know what you're doing and what you're looking for, you can customize some really nice stuff.

I've came-up with a really nice live wood room program which is hard to beat. I love it so much, it's hard not to put it on every drum track in every song, on every recording.

But I've been working with this unit for about 4-5 years now and just recently came up with the program about a year ago.

Thanks

Wink

Check out the Lexicon MPX100
    It has some great proffesional verbs. And multieffects. Processing should be another unit. Don't use these reverb/comp dist units all in one. Nothing does everything well.
    The MpX unit has digital out too if you are going to digital all.

Bend, Oregon, USA, Earth(a small dirt ball in space covered with ant like creatures running around)
    Thanks

Cool

Hey! sonusman! knock that off. FX are the way to go (only if your like me!) --I compose industrial music and can use all the FX I want and things only get better!-- as for the rest of you that only do "REAL" music Ha! I get to have all the fun!! (however I do take time to record REAL musicians too)--I HAVE TO EAT ALRIGHT!!

Bend, Oregon, USA, Earth(a small dirt ball in space covered with ant like creatures running around)
    Thanks

Cool

Hey! If any of you REAL MUSIC recording people want to try a totally strange reverb effect, try splitting a signal up into 3 or more signals and add a different reverb effect to each one then pan them all over the place and hear what happens. Sounds prety cool on synth lines!

Thread Information