Daking Fet III

Nakatira

That Norwegian Bastard
Anyone tried it, bought it a few days ago, looking forward to trying it out this weekend.
Bought it for Master bus purposes.

Keep it subtle on the master buss for most types of music....though I'm sure some stuff might enjoy getting hit a little harder.

I've been running an Overstayer Stereo VCA on my master bus on the last bunch of mixes I've done, and it took a few passes to find where it was helping the mix, but I like it now.
Does the FET III have a Mix option, so that you can blend the dry signal with the compressed?
I have the on the Overstayer, and I find that knob to be the most rewarding. First dialing in a certain amount of compression with the Mix knob full wet, and then when I find the flavor I'm after, I turn back the Mix knob and blend the the dry signal back in. Usually end up with it around 2/3 wet.

Post back how you like the FET III. That's a nice chunk of $$$ for one of those!

Yeah, I plan on going with a low ratio at first and just hitting the needle lightly.
There's no mix knob, but there is a variable high pass filter, which can be quite usefull.
Sure I'll post back my impressions.

Worked like a charm, great sounding versitale and very nice looking. Tried it on the 2 bus and on bass, also tried it as a limiter on a pre master. Very nice indeed.

I guess "short while" is relevant....if a person time travels...maybe 4yrs is a short-while.?

Back