Channel Strip Makes Noise When Turned On

MWestfield

Hi all,
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't find an answer anywhere I've looked. I just purchased an Aphex Channel Strip and noticed that it makes a strange noise (almost like a 1 to 2 second long "sigh") when I turn it on. I have turned the input all the way down and the phantom power off but it still makes the same noise (it's coming from the unit itself - my monitors are off when I turn the Aphex on).

Anyway, I wanted to see if this was normal or if I have a unit that may start giving me trouble down the road. Or, of course, if I'm doing something wrong! I am happy with it other than wanting to make sure this is OK.

Thanks very much for any help/advice anyone can offer!

it might be an ultrasonic sound, for example a transformer hum or something weird? what exactly do you mean by 'sigh'? can you record the noise?

Hi Btyre2013, thanks for the response. The sound lasts about 1 second, and then never returns. I'm pretty sure it's nothing big, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar with any rack gear of any type/brand. I'll try to get a good recording of it, but it doesn't really sound like anything big/loud, so there probably won't be much to hear. Just looking to see if anyone had ever experienced anything like this.

Thanks again!

I had a noise last week and did two things, one was use a different ac socket between the gear and interface, and the second was i got off a balanced-cable and went unbalanced cable and the buzz/hum stopped.

Back