Can Digi 002 rack be adat'd to Digi 002 console?

Redendever

Was looking for more channels.. I have a rack and a console. I was going to buy a 8 channel pre amp from presonus but I dont quite have enough cash, they are running 400-500 and i still need 3 tom mics. Anyways.. Is it possible to connect the Digi 002 rack to the digi 002 console using Adat so I could add 4 more Xlrs? giving me a total of 8 which is all i need for now.. Please help! thanks!

yeah, shouldn't be an issue at all. Just pick up one of those toslink adat cable from guitar center or somewhere...you can buy a 3 footer for like 4 dollars. Connect it from the adat out of the rack to the adat in of the board. Know when you select input on whatever software you're using and you see channels like adat 1, 2 etc...now all of those should work. and if for some reason it doesn't, your only out 4 dollars. also you might wanna look into buying an inexpensive mixer or something, some way you can make use of those 4 line inputs on both the board and the rack. I was using the 002 board for a while...i hate it but i'm not gonna get into that now, but i would run mics through a mixer, and use the insert jack on the mixer to run a 1/4 cable from there to the line inputs on the board giving me a full 8 channels on just the board. If you coupled that with the toslink adat cable you could have a full 16 track input going and a pretty nice setup.

Back