boss pedal having problems

shred_head

i just got a used boss dd-6 pedal,
and if i am hooked to it (even with the pedal off) and using batteries...
the led will fade in and out and then off,
and no matter what the signal is completely dead, whether it is turned off or not...

if i unplug the cable from the input jack (using input A, for mono)
and plug it back in, it will do the same thing again,

so if i freshly plug the input cable into it, the pedal lights up....then after 5 seconds it dies out, does the half fades, and just dies completely.

using various new batteries. as well using different cables, which have no issues with other pedals

I openned up the pedal and there appears to be no loose connections to the board, nor anywhere else

where should I start looking to fix this up?

Might try Boss over the phone. Depending on the situation they might even fix it /replace it for you for just the cost of shipping.

Did u try using the PSA AC adaptor with it? with batteries there is a connection in the 1/4" input that would make connection to the battery, if that is worn out or damaged then that may be the scource of the intermittent power faliure and would probably mean the signal flow would be effected as well via lack of connection to the tip of the plug being connected to it? try checking continuity on the input jack and continuity on the switching part of that jack

Back