Behringer Ultracurve 8024--$25

The ultracurve is a great unit. It does exactly what is says it will do. I had one, but sold it to a friend when I liquidated my studio. If I ever get back to doing any recording, I will buy another.

It takes a bit of a learning curve to utilize all its features; but they all do exactly what they say they will do. I particularly liked the "feedback eliminator" which I used as a narrow-band parametric equalizer.

The RTA also works as advertized. I equalized my rooms/speakers many times with good results. I had the AES/EBU digital IO option installed, and that worked well also. You can easily install it yourself, even though Behr. recommends service center installation.

Grab it for $25.00
If not let me know who has it I will take it.

I think they normaly sell for around $250.00

I bought it...havent hooked it up yet cause I wont be building my studio desk/rack for a few months here. ( moving ) but I powered it up and all, and it was in FLAWLESS condition.

The guy also had the behringer exciter and the crossover..I forget the model numbers, but I could also get those for like 25 a piece. I heard exciters arent worth a crap though.

The exciter is an interesting effect; but I personally don't have much use for it. I could imagine it being useful in certain situations. I think it adds and/or emphasizes higher harmonics to the signal.

The Behringer does not sound very good as an EQ, and like most feedback eliminators, does not work well at all for that, but it does work OK as an RTA. In my opinion, it would easily be worth $25 for that purpose.

good deals on those pieces indeed. They will serve their function but expect to get what you pay for.

Back