Behringer Feedback Destroyer - It Works

DigitalDon

Yeah I know this BBS is for recording so don't flame me :D My sons band used their new Behringer Feedback Destroyer at a gig last night for the first time. We set it up for use on the stage monitors. You open all the mics and turn up the monitor gain until feedback starts. Note to self: People hate feedback, especially intentional feedback. There were only 4 or 5 people in the room during sound check. The Destroyer identified 10 or 11 feedback frequencies on each of the two monitor mixes (it's a dual channel processor) and locked them out. I stored the results (hit Store twice) and shut the rack down. When we came back that evening I turned the rack on, set it to preset 1 (where I stored earlier) and that was it. Not only did it kill any feedback discovered during sound check it continually watches for more. We had zero feedback incidents all night long. We never had many problems anyhow due to monitor/mic placement and EQ but this took all the worry out of watching for it.

Oh yeah. Don't use it on your main PA mix except as a single problem channel insert. When your lead guitar guy goes for that heavy distorted feedback sound this unit will kill it. They warn you about that in the manual. It's about $120 everywhere and some guy on eBay has 4 on there for $50 each. 'nuff said. We're happy with it

DD

cool nice one, thanks. have we got another piece of behringer gear that it's 'ok' to recommend? to go with ... uh ...?

Back