auto-tune try out

thomaswomas

i'm looking for an pitch correction plug-in and have found the antares auto-tune and the celemony melodyne to be the most popular. i checked on the antares website and there is a 10 day demo for the latest auto-tune 5 upgrade. i've downloaded this demo to try out but it's not appearing in my plug-ins in cubase. i'm just wondering if the demo only works if you already own a previous version of auto-tune, as the download is an 'upgrade'.

has anyone else tried to use this demo and have you got any recommendations for other auto-tune plug-ins

thanks

I've used both. I'd pick Melodyne in a heartbeat. Among other things, Auto Tune only allows you to authorize it once on one machine. If you ever change machines, you have to go out and buy a hardware dongle. I haven't used it since I changed machines.

Melodyne takes some getting used to, but it looks to be a much more powerful piece of softtware than Auto Tune.

P.S. If anyone has an iLok and wants to buy a copy of Auto Tune 4....

i'm looking for an pitch correction plug-in and have found the antares auto-tune and the celemony melodyne to be the most popular. i checked on the antares website and there is a 10 day demo for the latest auto-tune 5 upgrade. i've downloaded this demo to try out but it's not appearing in my plug-ins in cubase. i'm just wondering if the demo only works if you already own a previous version of auto-tune, as the download is an 'upgrade'.

has anyone else tried to use this demo and have you got any recommendations for other auto-tune plug-ins

thanks

celemony melodyne is what i use. id give it an 8.5/10

Back