ART vs. JoeMeek

I'm thinking of buying a new compressor and like some opinions on an ART VLA as compared to a JoeMeek SC2.2 as far as "fattness" "smoothness" go and nothing to do with features or price. Of course, I'll go listen and compare myself before making a dicision of my own, but I'd like some personal experiences as well. Is there any other comressor in the $500-$800 (US) range to consider?

Check out the RNC from FMR audio. About 200 bucks and considered a steal by the guys over on 3daudio.com's bbs and the VS-Planet.

I got a PreSonus ACP88 (8 linkable channels) with noise gates and key input and sidechain input on all channels for under 800. It's great as far as I'm concerned.

I own the PreSonus ACP88 as well. I love it for strictly drums purposes only. However, since I've heard stereo compressors which cost around the same as the ACP88 and up, I've now realized what I've been missing out on; I would have never known if I'd never heard. A Joemeek SC2.2 blows my ACP88 and dbx 266 out of the water. A Joemeek SC2 ($2000 US) blows a SC2.2 out of the water. And there are plenty of others which blow the Joemeek SC2 out of the water. It's an on going battle, but I'm ready to go to the next level. I've heard the budget HHBs (same as TLAs) and wasn't too impress (I want a substansial noticable difference when I upgrade), I just can't decide.

Thank You so much for the replies though.

Back