Art DPS combo jack problem

meowadishi

My Art DPS disappointed me the other day. One of the combo jacks (front) "face" fell off. Now there is a little bit of metal showing and I am freaked out to run power through it. Should I be worried? Where can I get on of these "faces"? If that is even what they are called.

My Art DPS disappointed me the other day. One of the combo jacks (front) "face" fell off. Now there is a little bit of metal showing and I am freaked out to run power through it. Should I be worried? Where can I get on of these "faces"? If that is even what they are called.
Can you post a picture?

Yeah... it should work.

And "Fell Off"?? what, after you scraped the face of the rack across the edge of the van deck loading up after the show...

Reminds me of my dad... "It Broke? No, it didn't just break... somebody broke it"
and another of his favorites... "Can you have another? Certainly... I'm sure you're capable, but the real question here is may you...

Actually. It came off in a mic cable. I got it to come out...then I lost it when I moved.

Im just scared to run phantom power through it and either break it more or blow a mic...If that is even possible.

You should still be fine. I don't think that the connectors will come out of their spot or short out at any point.

:cool:

You can buy a new jack like that for less than 3 bucks so why not just replace it?

Has anyone opened one of these? Or opened a TPS I am sure they are the same.

Meow have, all you have to do is un meow screw the chassis, should be around meow top. Could be a total of meow bout 7 to meow 9 screws. Then the meow top should lift right meow off.

meow.:D

:cool:

No I haven't cracked it open yet. Last night was catch up on television shows night (Hulu) with my wife. Which was great because I was very tired after work. So opening that unit up would have probably pissed me off.

I'm hoping that the input is hand wired in and not attatched to a board. Hand wired soldering is way easier for me. I am also hoping to find a combo input locally and pick it up this weekend. Then bum some tubes off my friend and see what happens.

No offense, but . . .

(1) I don't think it's a DPS---it looks like an ART DI/O (digital converter)

(2) If you couldn't assess the damage to the jack, I'd seriously consider letting someone else take the unit apart.

Paj
8^)

No offense, but . . .

(1) I don't think it's a DPS---it looks like an ART DI/O (digital converter)

(2) If you couldn't assess the damage to the jack, I'd seriously consider letting someone else take the unit apart.

Paj
8^)

No offense taken. But I think that you need to look at the picture again. Its a DPS. Also. I believe that I did "assess" the damage to my jack. My question was if it was going to cause me problems by using it more importantly, when using phantom power.

But thanks for the input.

moresound

I popped it open today! (mon tues=my weekend)

Anyways I am looking at it and to me it looks quite clean. Anyways a friend of mine lent me a JJ ECC83. So I am going to compare the two tubes. The stock tube was a Sovtek 12AX7. So I should be good.

Now looking at the way this thing is assembled it looks like I have to remove the whole board so I can switch out the combo jack. Which I will do, but I need to get a new jack in the first place. So. That will wait.

On to test the tube and see if there is any "real" difference.

Back