Anyone know this Daking MicPReOne?

CoolCat

Just curious if anyone uses or has any input on this unit.

And Im tired of seeing the ART TPS on the last post for 2 weeks....:yawn:

This DAKING gets rave reviews and by some credible sources it seems. "hifi" very well built...sounds interesting.

What ye say? dilly dilly?

Attachments

• DAKING micPReOne.png
    DAKING micPReOne.png
    140 KB · Views: 19
CC,
The only thing that I can offer is that I knew a couple of VO actors who used that same Daking and were really pleased, especially when booking plenty of work with it. I coveted it a few years back. But never pulled the trigger. It looks like the price has dropped since my G.A.S.
Dale

so VO actors bring their own mic and preamp?
something tank tough like that thing looks and no tubes to worry about could make it a workhorse it seems.
thanks for the input.

Never tried any of them but the obvious question is what are you looking for in a preamp. Some are more colored than others, so do you want color applied at that stage, and if so, what kind and how much?

There are lots of nice options once you get in that range, ISA One, Warm Audio, et al. If your credit card can stand it, I'd just order up 2 or 3 of the contenders and try them out. Keep the one you like best and send the rest back. Might cost you up to 10% of the total in the end, but money well spent IMO.

I'm under the impression that Daking has only ever used one design for their preamps. It's a high quality unit that can hang with the best. Same class as things like Trident, A-Designs, Great River, Neve and API. The price point is competitive.

so VO actors bring their own mic and preamp?

CC,
I think you are asking if they record in a professional studio do they "bring their own mic and preamp?" The guys who were using the Dakings had these for their home studios. (Apologies if I misinterpreted)

"Colored," as [MENTION=196982]keith.rogers[/MENTION] mentioned, was a characteristic the guy mentioned as well, in their threads that I dug back up.
Dale

thanks. so its got some personality to it..makes it a little more interesting.
ive got the clean covered, some tubishcompresionDirt...a clean hifi- sparkle might be nice to hear.

The Daking is a huge step up from most preamps in the middle to inexpensive level of kit. There are a few things to consider and they may not make a bit of difference to you. 1. There's no on/off switch 2. There's no insert 3. No output level only input gain

But that doesn't mean it doesn't sound incredible and is on a par with high-end pres. There's nothing quite like a class A output with a transformered input. Clear and warm.

About V.O. people. MOST professional V.O. people do carry their own mic and preamp to jobs. There is a set of kit that the best and busiest in the business use almost exclusively. A lot of Manley Reference mics used. Neumann U87's past that.

If Daking is on the nameplate, it’s good kit. I’ve used their preamps and comps. Excellent performance.

Ive been watching these since July. No cheap deals.....it seems there will never be a $300 or $250 one for sale.
New is $650, used only drops to $500+......for $100 difference a brand new one seems smarter, because of warranty and getting the newness.
Daking Pre II hits around $900 or $1000 which I think I would prefer for my desktop set up.
98% positive reviews it seems.

Still waiting for the best deal of the century to pop up....but these Dakings don't even sell used very cheap.

Back