Any hardware better than Antares Autotune / Vocal Producer?

aznwonderboy

I just used the Antares Vocal Producer AVP-1, and the autotune is nothing like the software. It sounds too noisy and dirty; not as clean as the software version. At the speed of '0' (Cher effect), it makes my voice sounds too raspy. I am using a Mackie mixer and putting the AVP-1 as an insert.

Does the ATR-1 or ATR-1a sound better since it uses balanced connections....as opposed to the AVP-1 using unbalanced connections?

Right now, I'm only interested in that Cher effect for live situation (mostly for karaoke.) Do you know any other hardware that might give me a better result?

Thanks.

PS: Please don't say "nothing can replace talents" or "vocal lesson is the best investment." I just like to use the Cher effects for personal entertainment.

TC Helicon makes the Voice One and Voice Works which both have pitch correction... I own the Voice One, the presets are just too in your face, but find the unit valuable. I've never pushed it for the "Cher" effect though... but I've dialed up traces of it on my way to something else...

We had the ATR 1 in a studio I worked at. It got used for about 10 minutes before we discovered that it will NOT do that trick! :(

It sounded bad. Just plain bad. Even in "bypass", something wasn't quite so good.

Back