all these years for this! Digi 003

Hey Tragik,

I completely agree with you. The 003 looks like complete B.S. I'm in shock that digidesign would even try to put something out that can barely hang with its predecessor. Give us a flippin' reason to stop using our 002

oops.....

maybe I shouldn't have said that, now they're going to cut off support to the 002 much like they did with the 001 after protools 6.4

yeah probably.

everyone was expecting some big track increases and all sortsa crap.

well, you get another headphone out and a knob.

cant wait for the new HD to come out so i can buy an old HD-1 for like $4k :D :D

TragikRemix said:
yeah probably.

everyone was expecting some big track increases and all sortsa crap.

well, you get another headphone out and a knob.

cant wait for the new HD to come out so i can buy an old HD-1 for like $4k :D :D

What does "big track increases" have to do with an interface? That's a software upgrade and Digi has already sorta done that. I have a feeling a lot of people that complain about the 003 don't really even know what they're complaining about. Seems like most people were expecting it to be loaded with 8 neve quality pre's, 16 channels of ADAT, Appogee converters, and on board processing. Not to mention ADC, and unlimited track count which would be a software upgrade. People just don't get it, Digi wants you buying HD systems for that, they aren't going to do anything that's going to compete with HD, at least not for a while.

i wasnt expecting major track increases, but i was thinking a slight increase, like maybe an extra s/pdif input or somethin cool.

hell, i was really hoping for another adat but i know thats out of the question.

i agree, they wont do anything that would rival purchasing an HD system. like i said, i plan on getting an HD system eventually.

im very happy with my 002, but this is like, why bother releasing a new interface that is so similar to its predecessor? just to change the color and thats basically it?

not to mention it lessens the resale value of my 002 now :(

Back