alesis quadraverb opinions?

cluster0ne

Hi, I got my self an old alesis quadraverb,and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.I thought first that it was little limiting for only multieffect rack thingie in my little teeny weeny home/project studio and bought a new Zoom(sigh) RFX-2000 unit.I've had that for about 2 days when I dropped it and it wen't dead,(my mistake) but the alesis had taken so much more beating and dropping and It's still working great(plus when I played whit it long enough it's not so much limited anymore...Now I can use it with out any thinking at all in ev'ry situation that has (basicly)any effect needs,but just for the kicks I'm going to buy something to use along whit it.
The main thing I was wondering is that the alesis seems pretty tough compared to almost any newer equip. should i buy some thing old(cheap),older(cheaper) or something else?
Tell me how you feel about the quadraverb and what do YOU use with it(and recomendations for older gear and what to buy...Something to play with...
thanks

I have a Quadraverb in my guitar rack,along with an old MP1 tube pre.These old units,along with such dinosaurs as the HR16 were state of the art 10-15 years ago.
Mine is still kicking and does my reverb and delay needs on stage.

Tom

I used to use an MP-1 and a Qudraverb Plus also. The coolest thing about a qudraverb is that you can set the output level for each patch and it changes patches almost instantaneously. Setting up rythm and lead sounds with this combo was a breeze. I did not care for the reverbs in the Quadraverb as they sounded whooshy and artificial...almost like it was dubbing another pitch on the original signal. For a live rig @ about $100 it's not a bad way to go.

Still use them sometimes for utillity stuff, delays, ect. when the other units are busy. Very versatile and flexible, but the reverbs are not a strong point.

See ya.

I got one, ten years old, still works. Noisy bugger, I use it with my Electric violin. It works good like that when a little noise almost helps me get a Rocking sound. For classical acoustic, I can use it sparingly, the reverb is fake and the noise is too audible.

I like mine, Actually I have had lots of Alesis stuff, never had any problems except my RA100 amp, which sits in my closet:(

DavidK- what kind of problems did you have with the RA100?
I've got one that seems to work fine with my Event 20/20's (a little under-powered, though)

Bob

Bob, it doesnt work.! At all, zilch. I am sure it is probably something simple like a fuse or faulty connection, but it never worked right. It was always shorting out, if you turned the volume knobs, sometimes they would scream at 1, etc. I know zilch about electronics, so for know it is in the closet:(

Hafler 1600

Buffalo Bob,
I have a Hafler 1600 and heartily rx it. VERY clean and never a bit of trouble. I thought the 1100 was a bit low on power and took it back and got the 1600, it's great.
Che

Back