Alesis Quadraverb

DarkAngel

I have some problems with Quad and I want to know is there somebody here that really knows stuff about Quad's electronics,or rack effect electronics in general.
I didn't see Workbench type of sub-forum,so I posted here.If I missed the sub-forum,please let me know.
Regards

the forum that is closest to that is "studio building and display" although the analog forum can get techy at times. I own a quad, but I've never opened it up..........

I used to have a Quad, long, long ago...If memory serves I traded it off for sanity...and a DigiTech... ;)

There's always the Alesis forum... :eek:

Eric

DarkAngel said:
I have some problems with Quad and I want to know is there somebody here that really knows stuff about Quad's electronics,or rack effect electronics in general.
I didn't see Workbench type of sub-forum,so I posted here.If I missed the sub-forum,please let me know.
Regards

Fire away!

I bought my Quadraverb new in the late ‘89 and used it without issue until a couple years ago.

What seems to be the problem?

~Tim

DarkAngel PM'd me about his issues--It may be accessory related. He's using a wart not sanctioned by the Alesis power supply authority, and may have zapped it himself.

I used non-Alesis power supply.It was around 1-1.5 A.
It worked few hours fine with it.Next day when I turned it on,it rebooted,and it's not working since.I got a 30VA power supply now.

If you guys who have more recent memory of your Quads remember the polarity, voltage, etc. of your units' power supplies, you'll have better knowledge than I do...

Eric

9VAC 20VA

it also says "CAUTION: indoor use only"

maybe you used it outside??

...just kidding.

It would be really hard to use the wrong supply on the Quad as it uses that proprietary monster with the 4-pin DIN plug.

Back