Alesis Midiverb 4

I have had a few in my lifetime. Ehh... For the time period they did what they were supposed to. Definitely would not use one for recording.

Great price though! I sold one a while back for $40. Exactly $40 more than I paid for it. :)

They can be useful, what I find with old analog effects units is that even though the effect may not be realistic, the actual quirkiness of the effect can be good for the job, I.E the plate reverb on the old Yamaha SPX90 sounds great on snare. I have a Alesis microverb 1 and Microverb 2 in my PA live effects rack and they still get used at gigs. The Microverb 1 Gated reverb effect is great, even though it sounds like the weirdest gated reverb known to mankind LOL. I love old effects units.

Alan.

For a live setting NO ONE will notice your using it,
I use it on some demo recordings, but it can sound Cheesy if your not careful......can't beat the price.

Just noticednyour post I have a unit of the kind (Alesis) it has made many wonderful records and is capable of fantastic changes in the tonal realm of my Songbird guitar The vast array of effects available with this item make it a very useful tool and is surprisingly low cost

Back