Alesis microverb 4

Gnarly_Dingo

noob question...

I'm going to be buying a microverb 4 soon and was trying to figure out what they mean by two channels. Will I be able to input a mic and a guitar at the same time one for each channel? I haven't grasped the mono stereo input concept yet. Thanks!

Cheers,

noob question...

I'm going to be buying a microverb 4 soon and was trying to figure out what they mean by two channels. Will I be able to input a mic and a guitar at the same time one for each channel? I haven't grasped the mono stereo input concept yet. Thanks!

Cheers,

It just means stereo, left + right. The unit has true stereo inputs and outputs, it's not designed for two different sources as a dual mono unit, even though it would still work, the sound would suck because it's designed to be used as an aux send with an analog mixer. It is designed for line level signals not hiz (guitar) or microphones, the impedances would not be correct.

:D

Thank you!
So if I were recording acoustic guitar through a mic into the microverb, what would be the best way to do so in terms of routing. Inputs outputs? And I should get car converters?

noob question...

Cheers,

No offense but why are you buying the miroverb? If you just want/need reverb you can get much better, IMO, verbs from plug-ins than the microverb.

Last edited:
No offense but why are you buying the miroverb? If you just want/need reverb you can get much better, IMO, verbs from plug-ins than the microverb.

I would agree with this statement, but not sure if he is using it to record or for live/rehearsal. Or recording of a live rehearsal.

Who the hell knows.....

The left input is labelled mono so for a single source you'd just use that.
It'll still, presumably, output stereo in the same way that you can use a stereo reverb/delay on a mono track in a DAW.

Of course you'll need a preamp in front of the reverb since it's a line level device.

I agree with the others though. Tell us a bit more; You might not need this unit.

I used to have the Microverb 4, then I upgraded to the Lexicon MX300. It's more expensive and less beginner-friendly (although sounds great!), but it has the option to treat the left and right inputs as separate mono inputs and apply separate effects to them.

Back