Akai website, wanted to download drivers for LPD8, but...

cfg

I just bought a used Akai LPD8 to use for triggering my Addictive Drums program. I've been trying to download the drivers, but cannot connect to any webpage from Akai. Has anyone else had difficulty getting onto Akai's website?

It would be easier for us to test if you could give some links...

Some companies use redirects for different parts of the world.

Thanks for the reply. I tried Akai again just a short time ago and got on without difficulty. I'd speculate their servers were down for a while.

I successfully installed the software, have an Addictive Drums track set up that I can trigger the Addictive Drums from the effect window (by clicking on the individual drums) but I still can't get AD to recognize the LPD8. I have read the LPD8 manual, and it's not much help. It did say to select LPD8 from drop down on the first midiInfo window that opens up when launching the LPD8 Editor, but it's all gone south after that. I'll struggle along to see what settings are not right, but I'm new to all of it so I might have to post it as a stand alone question as to how I can get my LPD8 to trigger AD.

What software are you using? You gotta be clear with details as every DAW is different in setup. You may just need to click on something...

Thanks for the reply. I am using Reaper. I am at my wits end. I changed some settings (e.g., the midi setting for LPD8 was disabled as a default) but I am now getting a message that the LPD8 cannot connect (please see screenshot), and I don't know why.

what is the symbol for ammonia

Then I tried connecting an AKai LPK25 I also bought, and fared a bit better, but it doesn't count for much. Even though I've figured out enough settings to get the LPK25 to trigger AD (I can see the meters in the Addictive Drums window climb when I hit a key) I can't hear it, and the meters on the track do nothing. I decided to hit record with a track armed for the heck of it, and I recorded drum MIDI code, yet when I play the track back I can't hear anything, and the track meters don't climb when the cursor passes a dash.

Last edited:
I managed to solve the problem after a lot of button pushing. It seems that it was a Record: Input setting that was incorrect by default. There's five of them to choose from, some allow drums to be heard, and some don't. I haven't figured out what the right one is, but I am back on track so to speak.

Back