ADAT to PCI?

kubeek

I am thinking about buying behringer ADA8000, which has ADAT output.
So can you point me to some cheap and reliable device which can connect ADAT to PCI?
Thanks

ms is right.
The only other thing besides investing a lot of money in some firewire device would be if you are on an older platform Win 98 box you can dig up a ADAT pci card (ADAT Edit card) for change.
Heck I even have one in my closet I'd sell or trade for cheap.

And how about the MOTU interfaces? Do I really need to have the full version, or can I just buy the expansion and plug it into something?

I use an old Steinberg VSL2020 card in a setup similar to yours. It's about 5 years old, and was fairly expensive when I got it, and is discontinued. You can probably find a used one pretty cheap
heres the zzsounds page.

I use that too. I picked it because the I/O had the right combo for me. But the RME 9632 has a better mixer application (the older Hammerfall version should be cheaper than the current HDSP), and I'd be willing to bet RME's support is better, since they still sell cards, and they make them. Steinberg bought the VSL2020 from somebody, may have been RME, I forget :confused:

And how about the MOTU interfaces? Do I really need to have the full version, or can I just buy the expansion and plug it into something?
The MOTU PCI interfaces have three propriatary I/O ports on the card itself... It's the rack mounted interface that that has the ADAT I/O... so if I understand the question... the answer is no

Back