Adaptor or Rechargeable Batteries?

Rolland

I'm now planning an effects chain that goes
Strat->DOD Milk Box(compressor)->Line6 MM4->POD
The POD needs an adaptor, can't use batteries so no prob there. The line6 MM4 can use 4 AA size batteries and the DOD uses a 9V battery.
I don't really like plugging in 3 different adaptors so I am thinking of rechargeable batteries to save money. Can those 1.2V AA and 7.2V rectangle shape rechargeable batteries be used with the same sound quality?

Cos the rechargeable batteries don't operate at the full voltage (7.2V vs 9V), some electronic items don't like it very much. So some things will work fine, and other won't. I'm fairly sure Ohm's law jumps in here, and cos the voltage is lower, the current drain on the battery will be higher due to similar internal resistance, so the battery will not last as long

On a side not, there are a couple of manufacturers out there producing true 9V rechargeable batteries, not 7.2V batteries. See if you can track them down (unfortunately, I can't think of their names off the top of my head)

- gaffa

I think that the rechargeables use less current or somethin'. I know for one thing that there is a hell of a lot less volume on my CD player using the rechargeable batteries.

Back