What budget midi controller do you recommend?

quietb03

Basically I want to start learning how to make hip hop beats in fruityloops and I've heard the process can be alot easier if you have a midi controller? What midi controller do you guys recommend in the $200 range?

Which Drum pad would you pick between those two? I've seen a lot about Trigger finger but not much about the Korg.

i know this may be a dumb question but would i need a midi controller AND drum pad? couldnt i use the midi controller for both purposes?

Which Drum pad would you pick between those two?

neither.
Get the akai pads . MPD16 = $99 zzsounds. Dont know much about the trigger finger but I have used korg pads and hate them (WAY to squishy) and after using MPCs for a while, the MPD was a dream come true and I am on my second one. Akai has a bigger controller out now too which is the same price as the Korg and M-audio (http://www.akaipro.com/) but I think having dials on a drum pad is asinine so I am quite happy with my MPD

would i need a midi controller AND drum pad?
Maybe. I like to have both since banging out beats on a keyboard sucks. Newer midi controllers have pads on them like the Novation Remote SL and Korg Kontrol (Which I absolutly hate) so you can have both at once

Back