Using my Fishman Tripleplay live? (no laptop)

thebigcheese

"Hi, I'm in Delaware."
I've been interested in MIDI guitar systems for a while, but could never justify the expense until now. I got a hell of a deal on the Tripleplay, and it's a pretty sweet device, but I don't own and have no intention of buying a laptop, so for the moment it is just a fun toy to mess around with at home. I would like to be able to use it live. So far, the only devices I have found that will take the MIDI off the USB receiver and send it out via standard MIDI are the original iConnectMIDI, the new iConnectMIDI 4+, and the Kenton MIDI USB host. I can't find the iConnectMIDI anywhere, the newer one is $200, and the Kenton is about $150 on eBay. Are there any less expensive options out there? I really don't need all the other stuff those offer...

The other potential solutions I can think of are using my Windows tablet (a Surface 2) to connect to the receiver and a standard MIDI to USB converter and, if there is an option somewhere in Windows, routing the receiver's output directly to the MIDI out of the other device. Since I can't install the Tripleplay app on the tablet, that would have to be a Windows setting, and I don't know if it is. A second option (maybe) is to do the same thing with this Raspberry Pi thing I have, if it has enough processing might for it and if there is a way to configure it to do that without having to hook it up to a monitor and keyboard so I can just plug it in and go when I get to a show.

Any other ideas?

Hi Bigcheese, I now have a fishman triple play and want to use it as a stand alone to my roland bk7m backing machine, well after hours & hours of trying to get it to work with this progam and that program I stumbled on a program that I already had on my laptop but you should be able to load it on a tablet, called Band in a Box, I loaded it went into options, clicked on midi set-up, the drop down window could see my FTP controller, my Roland bk7m & my usb to midi cable. So I just adjusted the settings there and every thing worked fine. You don't even have to have BiaB running. I have ordered the kenton unit but until it arrives I'll use the laptop. hope that helps cheers Gary

Back