Total MIDI newbie with question.

pdlstl

I've been recording digital audio for 3 years. I recently decided that I would like to dabble in MIDI.

I have:

Yamaha P60
M-Audio 61es
Native B4
The Grand

I finally was able to play and record in SONAR 4PE for the first time tonight. :)

However, when I would choose a "preset" in B4 and play it, I could hear the vibrato, rotation etc. But the minute I hit "record", all of those effects were gone. And when I played it back, I had to turn them all back on.

What gives?????

TIA

Hi, pdlstl :)

To "record" B4, you need one MIDI track, and one DXi track (or audio track with B4 DXi in the effect field). Set MIDI track output routed to B4 DXi track, select channel 1, bank, patch, etc as you want on the MIDI track instead of bank and patch in B4. Your MIDI track is going to control B4 track, so if you do select bank and patch in B4, your MIDI track will force B4 to it's setting when you playback. Therefore, B4 will be reset.

Actualy, you don't record B4 but MIDI data into MIDI track which is routed to B4. Once you've done recording & editing MIDI track, select both tracks (MIDI and B4 DXi track), then click Edit menu, and hit Bounce to track. This process will "print" the MIDI as played by B4 into new audio track (result).

;)
Jaymz

Just a thought...

I also think that when you press record - your recorder resets your "MIDI Controller Data" to '0' which kills all the effects...

This is a common (non-broken) process for most all MIDI Recorders...

Back