Sysex editing?

Agent47

Dismember
I've been playing around with my newly-aquired Korg 05R/W, and have been loading sysex data from Cubase - trying out different sets of sounds I've found on the net.

Basically, using the List editor in SX3, can I mix and match the sounds I want, and put together a sysex file containing only the instruments I like? Say there's a sysex I've downloaded, and I just like sounds A10 and A34, can I copy-paste those, and create a sysex file containing my favourite instruments?

Any info would be great!

Cheers for that A909.

Not sure how well it'll work on my Windows XP machine, so I'll probably try bouncing out individual programs (patches), and bouncing back in again, which will probably be a bit laborious.

The prog on soundtower.com looks quite good though...

Ta,

A47.

anything that is win2k should work on XP.

I use both the Korg WS editor and the evolver editor from sound tower and they are pretty solid and allow drag and drop patch editing so building banks is pretty easy

Cool.

I'll see if soundtower have a demo before I buy - if it's good (which it looks like it's the business) I'll buy a copy.

I like your sig picture - is that old Cubase?

:D

Update: Bought the Soundtower software yesterday, so I'll be tinkering with that. I played with the unregistered before buying and it's a powerful little editor - just what I need.

Cubase 3.0 eh? I got into Cubase VST in 2001. Until then I was using Yamaha's XG Works (bundled with my SW1000 card). And before that I didn't really have a proper home studio and used anything from Cakewalk, Digital Performer and Notator...

Back