Sync Problems

wordizbon

I am a cubase user. I am having problems where when I play a the notes, they shift. For instance, I play a note on the 3rd bar & it ends up going to the 2nd bar. I thought it was my midi interface. I changed it & bought a MOTU Midi Timepiece & I still have the same problem. It happened to me on 98. I upgraded to XP and the same problem. I also have the same problem in cubase SX. I can't trace the problem.

Are you talking about octaves or measures? If it is actually shifting it to another bar (measure) that is pretty weird.

All keyboards have a different octave reference for true middle C. It's either C2, C3, C4 depending on the size of the keyboard and the brand. Usually in the sequencing software you can set the default middle C for that midi port.

If you're referring to TIME displacement, check whether quantization is turned on and set to 1/2 or whole notes.

If youre referring to NOTES being in the wrong octave, maybe (as TRK pointed out) a midi transpose function set wrong?

Im not a Cubase user, so no specific settings I can point you to... Steve

ok everyone with all due respect. It's not an octave issue, it's not a latency issue. I know all about that stuff. There is a big problem with this. I saw a post on it at the cubase site, but the solutions didn't help. So it's none of the obvious. When I play live everything is ok. When I go into the part editor and at the notes I hit, it's ok. But when I record they shift a "measure" or 2 behind. I don't know whassup with that. If anyone ever experienced this PLEAAASE HELP!!!

I'm a Cakey user, so don't know much about Cubase, but in Cakey, there's Track time+ command which lets you apply an offset to the start time of the events in the track. The Time+ command does not alter the data in a track, but causes it to play back at an earlier or later time... Does Cubase have this ?

Back