Steven Slate for $20!!!!!!

Seems like a ridiculous/nutz deal.

I just got Cubase 4 and have it running on a dual 1GHz Powermac G4 with 1.5 GB RAM. Is there any reason to think that Steven Slate's drums wouldn't work on my system?

Okay,I'm buying it.I have too many samples already,but drums are the one place I'm lacking.
For $20 it can totally suck and I won't be fazed.

Thanks for the heads up!

I just got Cubase 4 and have it running on a dual 1GHz Powermac G4 with 1.5 GB RAM. Is there any reason to think that Steven Slate's drums wouldn't work on my system?

I don't know squat about Macs, & very little about my own PC's but SSD EX should run on your system. I have it on an Acer desktop, dual core, 2GB RAM, & it does fine on my system.

For $20 this is a steal, I've only had it a few days, & I'm already getting a lot better drum sound from it "right out of the box" than I ever did tweaking for days with EZ Drummer....Killer drums IMHO....

:eek:

I paid $320 for Platinum... dayum :o

Ah well, that is one of the very cut down packs.

If you read to the site it says "the samples were transferred to digital via high-end A/D converters at 24 bit/ 44.1kHz". They don't really have a 2010 high end so I'm gonna pass. Here's the audio samples:

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/ex.html

For $20 you can't go wrong, but for nearly 100 times the price, these 24/96 have the sound most people will want, way more in your face:
http://www.oceanwaydrums.net/audio2.php
They make some cheaper versions. Still the SSD EX is a great deal.

If you read to the site it says "the samples were transferred to digital via high-end A/D converters at 24 bit/ 44.1kHz". They don't really have a 2010 high end so I'm gonna pass. Here's the audio samples:
There are several reasons for the samples to be a 44.1k. The main one is that it is easier to upsample than it is to downsample. 96k wastes twice the space and takes twice the resources to use. I could go on...

There are several reasons for the samples to be a 44.1k. The main one is that it is easier to upsample than it is to downsample. 96k wastes twice the space and takes twice the resources to use. I could go on...

Agreed. Seems like a strange reason to turn down such a good offer. I love my Steven Slate samples :p

"2010 high end" ...? The Slate samples are probably some of the best you can buy if you're looking for a modern, overproduced, crisp sound. Some are precooked to the extreme and not ashamed to show it, but at the same time the really good room samples stop it from sounding like a beefed up version of EZ-drummer and more like the kind of kits you hear on hit records.

I have been wanting to start working on creating some drum loops for our band(we have gone through 3 drummers and all have either moved on or quit coming to practice) and we would like to get something finished recording wise. I bought the samples, but I don't have any program for actually using the samples. Any suggestions?

OK, took 2 days to download the damn files....
The instructions say I should have a Steven Slate Setup PC.exe and a Kontaktplayer 3 setup.exe.
I can't find these in the files I downloaded. Any ideas?

It took awhile for me to D/L it and it took awhile to get it authorised,but all is good now.
Thanks for the heads up!

I have been wanting to start working on creating some drum loops for our band(we have gone through 3 drummers and all have either moved on or quit coming to practice) and we would like to get something finished recording wise. I bought the samples, but I don't have any program for actually using the samples. Any suggestions?

What program are you using to record?There's all kinds of ways to do this,but you're going to need a host program.You can run it standalone but only as a sound module as far as I can tell.

my daw of choice is Reaper. the problem that I am coming up with is that the slate samples aren't .wav files, their .nki files which as far as I can tell can only be used by Native Instruments software.

my daw of choice is Reaper. the problem that I am coming up with is that the slate samples aren't .wav files, their .nki files which as far as I can tell can only be used by Native Instruments software.

Did you read all the installation instructions?

You need to install Kontakt Player (which is NI software, installer should be included with the download) and then run this as a VSTi within your host (i.e. Reaper).

ok well that cleared up about 90% of my problem. I'm still not getting any actual sounds from the track, but it says that there is a kickdrum VSTi playing. is there a tutorial that I Could read so i can stop wasting your time?

Back