Sampled instruments?

GroundControl

Hi, all

I use Ableton Live 7 with an M-Audio fast track pro interface

My question is: where can I find great sounding sampled instruments that I can play with my MIDI keyboard to record in ableton?

I find that ableton doesnt have that wide of a selection of sanpled instruments that Im interested in.

More specifically I'm Looking for a great sounding Grand Piano.

Thanks,

thank you very much..

Iv'e been having a tough time I keep running into problems,

Is a sampler what Im looking for?

Is there a way of just getting the librarys for these programs and running them through my ableton live?

Or do I need the sampler to act as a vst in order to play the instruments?

sample packs are made for a specific sampler but often come with a bundled "player" (a stripped down sampler). You just have to look at each package individually. In either case, you will still need a instrument add inside of Live. In theory, you could extract the samples from the libraries but building a program back up in live would be a huge waste of time not to mention that the programs are very complex (i.e. velocity layers) and probably way over your head programing wise

thank you very much..

Iv'e been having a tough time I keep running into problems,

Is a sampler what Im looking for?

Is there a way of just getting the librarys for these programs and running them through my ableton live?

Or do I need the sampler to act as a vst in order to play the instruments?

get kontakt...sampler in ableton is superb for making your own but kontakt is better to play existing samples..I collect samples from Brit mags that normally come in Kontakt player format

here's the free player

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/kontakt-player/

Back