Record Virtual instruments with Cubase 5

huascar

Hi everybody, it's my first post!
After ten years I decided to come back producing music. In the 90s I used Kork TRITON and M1 with AMT8 USB interface and a RME 9652 audio interface connected to a Yamaha 01v mixer.
Now I want to work exsclusively with virtual instruments. This is my pc:

Intel 9650 dual quad
3.2 Ghz
8 GB DDR2
SATA disks

I have only the AMT8 USB MIDI interface. Please, can you give me some suggestions for a good AUDIO INTERFACE? (better external, beacause I have also a MacPro...).
I don't want Cubase 5 will be able to record a virtual track during other virtual tracks are playing... It's ok for me to record only ONE virtual track, and after converting it to audio...

Basically I want an audio interface with a very low latency for playing virtual instruments without delay... Which one?!?!

A friend of mine suggests me M-Audio Fast Track Pro...

Thansk to everybody!!!

Michele

Hi, i don't want to be rude but people here will start asking questions about 1.How many I/O's do you need 2.How much $ are you willing to pay for the Audio Interface 3.The choice will come down to your decision
I have a Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP and it works for me and the Pre-amps are very good, low latency and there is also VRM (for late night mixing in headphones).
RME,Apogee...etc

Back