Reason Adapted for Digidesign question...

skibummer

So I'm using Protools LE and on it, I mostly run Reason Adapted for a synth. I love the instruments and effects available etc. etc. But I have a question: is it possible to control the same effect box using two different instruments and two different MIDI controls?
If you aren't familiar with Reason Adapted, it is a plugin for Protools and the two work together via "rewire". Reason Adapted acts as the slave to MIDI tracks on Pro Tools that output to certain "boxes" of Reason Adapted. My problem is that I can only output to one box at one time and only use one effect on one box at a time.
I know that this is an odd and possibly ignorant question to ask, but could I do it? Because I can't, it allows me only to use a few instruments at a time unless I opened up two versions of Reason Adapted.
So what is my best bet? Is it possible to let two MIDI tracks control the same box with two different effects? Should I just bite the bullet and open up two different Reason Adapteds?

no, i am pretty sure what you are describing is the limitation of the "adapted" version. you will have to purchase the upgrade to the full version to get multiple modules.

I'm DEAD POSITIVE that you are running into a limitation of Reason Adapted.

You DO need to buy the full version if you want to do what you're asking.

skibummer said:
there are plenty of workarounds to this problem
Like shelling out for the full version of Reason.

It's less expensive w/your upgrade from Reason Adapted and you won't be sorry.

reason is cool, definately get yourself a good interface for it. like most synths i find that it has its own flavor, and i try not to use it for everything in a track. actually, i haven't bothered opening it since i added a waldorf micro q and an ion to the rig.

here's a track i did that's all reason except the drums (alesis d4), and the vox obviously. the main synth line was doubled with heavy outboard compression and both tracks panned hard as well.

Back