Reason 3.0 using a Triton as controller?

Poigan

sup folks. did a search and didn't find anything to answer this question. i'm teaching myself to use Reason 3.0 w/a 61-key Triton Workstation/Sampler as a controller. i'm also in the process of teaching myself the Triton as well. i'm using the M-Audio USB Uno for my interface. i'm getting sound and there doesn't appear to be latency issues. the problem is i don't seem to be able to control the Redrum with the Triton. i've got a long way to go, but i want to make sure i can use the Triton before i start the process.

thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any insight/tips...

wow i wish i had this problem....... i can really help with this but i do know that in reason you can use the redrum like a step sequencer and program your drums that way also

The trition is not a midi workstation (with triggers etc.) just a controller. You will only be able to control instruments like nnxt, nn19, synths....

You need something with integration to reason like a microkorg/control to be able to remotely control all the parameters (with those 2 I mentioned the input is usb so your 1x1 can stick on the trition).

It should work fine. Make sure you are transposed to C0, thats where the sounds are mapped to by default

ok, thanks for the responses. some of your answers seem to conflict though. i did get some response w/the Redrum using the Triton, but it was not one key controlling each of the Redrum sounds. this is all i'm looking to do for now.

are you saying if i make the keyboard active in the sequencer window, i should be able to use the Triton for Redrum?

i'm printing out the manual tonight. i'm a little worried about running out of printer ink, but i'll have to take my chances...

are you saying if i make the keyboard active in the sequencer window, i should be able to use the Triton for Redrum?

yes. that should be it. The drum sounds will be mapped C0 on up including the sharps

thanks again for the assistance. gotta work through these manuals and see what i can accomplish. i've been tinkering w/Redrum since May, but i didn't have a MIDI interface for my old PC or cables for my new one. i really like what i can do w/Reason, and that's been w/o RTFM. :D i figure i can do even more w/the manual and using the Triton, so let's see...

aaah! been doing some reading and found something very interesting already. being the technical guy that i am, i just found instructions on how to create a custom remote map for a control surface. don't know if this will help my situation, but it seems like it should. now i've got to find a MIDI monitor so i can try this out...

Matt123 said:
The trition is not a midi workstation (with triggers etc.) just a controller. You will only be able to control instruments like nnxt, nn19, synths....

You need something with integration to reason like a microkorg/control to be able to remotely control all the parameters (with those 2 I mentioned the input is usb so your 1x1 can stick on the trition).
I'm new to the world of MIDI. I just got an Oxygen8 last Friday and have been messing around with the Reason Adapted that came with my ProTools rig. What is the difference between a midi workstation and a midi controller? Also what is a MIDI monitor?

I know some basics of MIDI because I went to recording school, but I didn't pay much attention to MIDI. I was under the impression that it was all some cheesy Flock of Seagulls 80's keyboard crap. Now that I'm finding out all the cool stuff I can do I have to teach myself. DAMMIT!

thanks for the link. i just downloaded that today. my printer didn't run out of ink on me yet, so i think i'll be making a trip to Staples to cop a binder for these manuals. just the Getting Started manual is 112 pages. the actual Reason manual is something like 160 or 200 pages...no i take that back, it's actually 294. my printer should like that...glad i learned how to read before i graduated from school... :D

Workstation implies that it has an integrate sequencer and more than just controls

Controller is just physical midi controls, nothing else

Monitor is a device (hardware or software) that monitors the midi stream

altitude909 said:
Workstation implies that it has an integrate sequencer and more than just controls

Controller is just physical midi controls, nothing else

Monitor is a device (hardware or software) that monitors the midi stream
Thank you.

Back