Please take a look-SLicing Program with full midi control

Sunyboy

Hello all..If this is posted in wrong section please move it.. thanks.

I enjoy sampling a lot, specially when I'm using my brothers Mpc, and i find it extremely easy using the jog wheel when chopping.

I would somehow love to recreate the feel with my trigger finger, but I'm unsure what slicing program to use.

for example, i would love to be able to use one of the C-knobs to control movement/placement of slice markers..

It would also be better for my wrists to as i seem to be developing Carpel Tunnel..

so far,

Phatmatik pro
Liveslice
Zero X Beatcreator

does not support what I'm trying to do... midi control the slice markers w/o use of a mouse, as this would expedite things for me.

i got this feeling that there aren't any programs on the market that can accomplish what I'm aim'n to do.

If there aren't any midi compatible slicers, then is there a a 3rd party program that somehow sits in between the slicing program and the trigger finger? that would be able to do certain mapping for you?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I would somehow love to recreate the feel with my trigger finger, but I'm unsure what slicing program to use.

Two things come into play here.

The first is something that you've already discovered --- you need a software program capable of assigning a controller or controllers to slice a loop into segments, and none springs to my mind.

The second is you will need appropriate hardware. The Trigger Finger is great for tapping out rhythms and the sliders and knobs are good for controlling the envelope of the drums, filter and resonance frequencies, etc. The thing the Trigger Finger lacks is a jog wheel and an enter button to set the marker and move to the next one.

If you have some money to throw at this problem, this --- LINK --- would seem a likely bet for a midi controller once you've identified the software you're going to use.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

unfortun. this looks like something I'll have to consider in the future as funds are limited now..

But will do :)

Back