piano and strings

mjhigg

Hey all!

I am a guitarist/singer/novice keyboard player.

I've been recording audio with my computer with Cool Edit for a couple of years, and I recently purchased the latest version of FruityLoops Full. In FL, I am just getting into using my basic Yamaha PSR-282 to control VSTi and DXi instruments with MIDI. How cool is this!?! Very impressed!

That being said, all I'm really seeing for VSTi and DXi is synth stuff, which is cool and all, but doesn't really jive with the pretty straightforward rock stuff that I do.

I would like to find a way to use a lot of realistic piano, and strings in my tunes, using MIDI. I have always used the not-so-great sounds on my Yamaha, but I'm looking to get into something with better quality.

...Or use Soundfonts. Even though you don't have any Soundfont capable cards, it can be played using VSampler or Livesynth Pro DXi... (In DXi support host like SONAR)
;)
Jaymz

or you could purchase a sound module--check out that section of the message board also I found tweakheadz.com to be of help

james

is my lynx one a soundfont capable card? will that giga sampler put me into the professional arena with production?

Back