Nuendo drifting

jb4play

Hi? I have a serious problem with my DAW and its drifting problem. I'm using Nuendo ver. 1.52 and a St Audio DSP 2000 C-Port. I have my Akai MPC 2000 XL synced through midi to Nuendo. The MPC is the master and its syncing at 30 fps. The problem is that it will sync right but after like 30 seconds it will lose sync badly and not recover. My settings are that I have my buffers and latency at the highest since I can monitor directly with the St Audio DSP 2000 C-port. I have pre roll set at 20, and I have lock time set at 8. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't have smpte or any out board midi device but I need to be able to get my beats to record without drift. If anyone knows any tips, ideas, or settings that would fix this problem please help. THX

are you syncing via MTC? your problem probably lies with the frame rates. check that Nuendo is working at 30fps aswell, not 29.97 or 25 or whatever. this is usually the cause. otherwise, are you trying to sync via midi clock?

dont sync with midi clock.

have you told Nuendo to sync at 30fps? you will see the setting above the track name thing in the track window.if it doesn't say 20fps, change it! go into Sync Setup (one of the options in the top menues) and check you're sending MTC to the MPC.

on the MPC, check its not trying to sync up with Midi Clock, make sure it's syncing to MTC.

also try setting the MPC's tempo base to internal. i think this is the problem. i think the MPC is trying to sync to Nuendo via Midi Clock and is slightly wavering in tempo, resulting in loss of sync after a while...possibly.

Back