Need Help Finding MIDI Samples That Could Help Re-Create 'Happy' Drum sound

kingofneon

Hi everyone! I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread, if I'm not let me know and I'll remove it immediately.

My question is aimed at MIDI heads who often use Logic's Ultrabeat, Ableton Live Suite or Native Instruments Kontakt, Battery or Massive to program there drum beats.

I have to recreate the drum beat to Pharrell's pop hit 'Happy' and I was wondering if anyone knows any samples from any of the above programs (or any samples from free packs) that would at least be a good starting point for doing this. Here's the song for those of you who haven't already heard it:

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

I'm a drummer myself, so programming the pattern hasn't been an issue, and I've found the Snare from the Old School Funk Remix Kit to do a good job after some work on the pitch and gate - but the bass drum and hi-hat sounds have just eluded me and I've really hit a wall in the entire project because of it.

I'd REALLY appreciate any help at all. I just need a good starting sample (I can apply effects myself, although tips on what to do there are welcome as well).

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread, if I'm not let me know and I'll remove it immediately.

My question is aimed at MIDI heads who often use Logic's Ultrabeat, Ableton Live Suite or Native Instruments Kontakt, Battery or Massive to program there drum beats.

I have to recreate the drum beat to Pharrell's pop hit 'Happy' and I was wondering if anyone knows any samples from any of the above programs (or any samples from free packs) that would at least be a good starting point for doing this. Here's the song for those of you who haven't already heard it:

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

I'm a drummer myself, so programming the pattern hasn't been an issue, and I've found the Snare from the Old School Funk Remix Kit to do a good job after some work on the pitch and gate - but the bass drum and hi-hat sounds have just eluded me and I've really hit a wall in the entire project because of it.

I'd REALLY appreciate any help at all. I just need a good starting sample (I can apply effects myself, although tips on what to do there are welcome as well).

Thanks!

Check out the Abbey Road 60s and 70s series from Native Instruments. They should get you pretty close to the kick sound if you layer a "brighter" and "darker" hit.

Back