Midi sounding when keys are released problem.

Jalt4

Hey all, I have recently tried to hook my Roland HP-1 up to my computer through midi but for some reason whenever I play chords, they play the notes normally until I release them, to which they play the notes again without touch control (loudly).
I don't believe it's any software at fault as I have tried different programs, including a stripped down program that only plays the midi to allow for troubleshooting. I'm quite a newbie to midi and I couldn't find any answers online so any help is greatly appreciated!

To get close to a reasonable diagnosis, we need a bit more information.

How is the midi connected from Roland to computer? Do you have an interface? Are you using a midi to USB converter?

What application are you using in your computer?

How are you monitoring what you are playing?

Hey, thanks for the reply.
It's connected through a midi to USB cable. I have the midi in connector slotted into "out" on the piano and out into "in". The USB is plugged straight into the computer.
The interface I was using was Synthogy Ivory, although I also used a free program that plays just the midi to double check if it was just the software or not and the problem still sounded.
To hear what I was playing I both recorded the audio on audacity and directly listened from my computer with headphones as I was playing.

Your software is looping the incoming MIDI back out again. When you use a master keyboard, this is handy as the sequencer would need to output MIDI to other devices. Just look for a box to uncheck somewhere that stops it in the software.

@ Jalt4 - First, don't listen to anything 'rob aylestone' has to say. He's clueless, and will lead you astray as he has several others in the past months. Audacity is an audio-only program and has no 'boxes to uncheck' realating to midi anywhere.

Second, you have a basic misunderstanding of the relationship between midi and audio. If the free program you downloaded was not MIDI-OX, get it here MIDIOX. And it wouldn't hurt to Google 'tweakheads guide to MIDI' and read that to get started.

It probably wouldn't hurt rob aylestone either...

Back