midi routing question

PSYCHEDELIDRONE

Hello all - this is a really great, educational and inspiring forum and im pleased to speak with you all! I am setting up my home studio but have been hitting a wall trying to integrate and link all of my midi capable units. Here are the pieces of gear in question:

-Digi002Rack - 1 IN/2 OUT
-Yamaha PSR270-1 IN/1 OUT
-Casio CTK-471 - 1 IN/1 OUT
-Alesis Micron - 1 IN/1 OUT/1 THRU
- Boss Dr. Rhythm 670 Drum Machine- 1 IN/1 OUT
-Boss Dr. Sample 202 Sampler - 1 IN
and a Korg Electribe EA-1 Synth - 1 IN/1 Out/ 1 THRU

with that out of the way... I have a few softsynths in Pro Tools that I would like to have access to as well.

*I'd like to have the Casio controlling as many units as possible, as it has the least amount of on board sounds that i find useful. I currently have it set up as such:

-Yamaha OUT to Casio IN; Casio OUT to Alesis Micron IN; Micron THRU to Yamaha IN/Micron OUT to Pro Tools IN. So i do have my keyboards all set up together but was wondering how you folks recommend integrating the Drum Machine, Sampler, and Synth?

Thanks for all of the help!
j.

Last edited:
With that many devices, you will need a midi patch bay to split up the midi signal. The casio will be the "master" controller so it's output will go into PT and back out to all the devices. Each device will need to be on a different midi channel corresponding to the midi track in PT

Back