MIDI NOOB..Need controller advice.

solo2racr

SUCK, SQUEEZE, BANG, BLOW
I am in the market for a small, inexpensive MIDI controller and am not sure about which one of these may be better (or some other) at the $100.00 price point. Of the two I am looking at are the M-Audio Oxygen 25 MK3 and the Akai MPK Mini Laptop. I am inclined to get the Akai because, I believe, I can assign the mod and pitch functions to a knob, if needed, and it has the pads where as the M-Audio doesn't.

Suggestions??????

No one? Really?

Ok, I'll bite...

You didn't say what you want to do with it. You didn't say what you need.
If somebody told me they were choosing cars and it's between a Yugo and a Renault, I'd say "Doesn't matter too much" while thinking "why would anybody buy either?"

So, buy one. If it's wrong, it'll be one of the cheapest mistakes in studio gear you'll ever make.

Philbo makes a good point. Finding 'better' at that price point does not really exist. That being said, I have tried a couple of cheap pad controllers and destroyed them almost instantly. The AKAI MPD18 holds up to my beating on it. Not sure if all of the AKAI products are as durable, but take that for what it is worth.

Philbo makes a good point. Finding 'better' at that price point does not really exist. That being said, I have tried a couple of cheap pad controllers and destroyed them almost instantly. The AKAI MPD18 holds up to my beating on it. Not sure if all of the AKAI products are as durable, but take that for what it is worth.

I use an Akia APC40, not what you are looking for but, it is well built (just providing input to Akai). Not sure how much you will beat on it, but Akai makes pretty decent stuff.

The question of "which one of these may be better (or some other)" was really about quality, not use.

But, at this point, the belated answers are a mute point. The Akai is on it's way.

Back