MIDI I/O not working - Which cheap, no-frills MIDI interface?

grweldon

Apparently the MIDI in/out integrated on my motherboard isn't working properly. I have an Echo Gina audio interface installed, but it has no MIDI interface. I figured I could use the onboard MIDI, but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I have the proper adaptor cable attached and the IRQ and address are set up properly in the BIOS. Under control panel-system in Windows 2000 professional everything seems to be cool and says the interface is working. When I try to record MIDI data, it doesn't happen. I'm using Cakewalk Home Studio 4XL and it appears to be properly configured using MPU-401 as the input device (I have no other devices installed). I suppose I could have a bad adaptor cable...I bought it on eBay but it was in a package and supposed to be new.

I either need a no-frills 1 in/1 out midi interface recommendation or some suggestions on how to make what I have work properly. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Doesn't the gina have midi in/out? Or is that what you are referring to when you talk about integrated on your motherboard (which I have never seen, btw)?

Is it the gina midi in/out that apparently does not work?

I have an older Gina 20, it has no MIDI function. I'm using the game port of my motherboard which is supposed to provide MPU-401 compatability with the use of the proper adaptor, which I have. I'm going to check the wires with a multimeter to make sure I have a good cable to eliminate the adaptor as a possible cause. Thanks for your reply.

Back