midi effects

billy the dog

Dear forum,

I'm new to all this computer/midi stuff and I was wondering whether there is much available by the way of midi effects.

It seems the only effects available are your standard chorus and reverb. I am possibly trying to achieve filter sweeps, distortion etc. What is available in plug-in and hardware form that could help to reach this goal. Is converting to audio (and running through audio effects) my only option?

thanks billy the dog

There are comparatively few "midi effects" that are similar to audio effects. Distortion, filter sweeps, reverb, echo, etc. are audio effects and will not change midi data. Midi effects include limited forms of delay, panning, arpeggios etc.

sorry, not exactely true, with some machine you can program other effects with RPN4s and NRPN4s . just dependes on your keyboard/module

Could you teach me how to do reverbs and distortion with midi? I am, of course, not referring to controlling the audio effects boxes in the synths themselves... just with midi? I'd love to learn how to do that.

I learned that in my midi course I took last year... So I gotta do some research first, I'll post another reply in a few days

greetings

Brett

Back