MIDI Drum Resources Question

Squire

Hello. I am new to this forum and new to MIDI. I am wondering if anyone has encountered a MIDI resource that has complete, editable MIDI songs with just drum tracks?

I have the most difficult time trying to get the drums right. They always end up sounding really lame (I am not a drummer.)

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

brian1@mail3.newnanutilities.org

Midi will allow you to correct errors in your midi drum tracks...thats the power of midi.
As far as sequences, check your local music store...Guitar Center, Mars Music. You might find a CD with prebuilt midi racks.

Damn, I thought it's about asking a MIDI drums sound. GoldDrums Rule ! If you look for MIDI drums patern, then SONAR provide tons included with their instalation CD. And sample of Soundfonts too...

you may want to try quantizing the majority of your drums at the same swing rate. This will get every note at the same feel of the song.

Also, to get a better feel in your beats, make sure that every note does not have the same velocity. Real drummers can't hit every note at exactly the same loudness...nor would they want to...good drummers will have a lot of dynamics and veration in their playing....try to mimic that with midi for natural results.

good luck

Rootmusic said the truth.
BTW, if you use Cakewalk, SONAR, or Cubase, you may find some feature called Groove Quantize. It's a good -source based- tool to make starting point to grooving your drums, rather than ordinary quantize. You can even save your own groove as a source, and apply as you like. :cool:

Back