Midi Cable problem

Cal D

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum sound card. The front plate of the sound card has two inpouts called Midi In and Midi Out.

So silly me figures I would buy two midi cables and run the cables from my keyboard out to the soundcard midi in and the keyboard's midi in to the soundcard's midi out.

Problem is, the midi cables fit into my keybaord's midi ports but they do not fit into my sound card's midi ports. The sound card has the round ports with the pins, but the round port is smaller than the midi cable end.

If this helps, the sound card has midi DIN labelled on the front plate.

How can i get my keyboard to connect to my sound card if the sound card ports are two small for standard midi cables?

Someone also mentioned that perhaps i should be using my joystick/midi port instead. Now I'm really confused:

Questions

1) How come my midi cables do not fit my sound card midi DIN ports? Do i need an adapter or something?

2) It is beter to use the ports referenced above or should i be using the joystick/midi port? If so, what does the cable look like.

Inituitively, it seems that using the midi ports in the front of the sound card makes better sense- after all, why would they make spoecific midi in and out ports that sit in front of the card's plate? Problerm is, can't connct the cables.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cal D, you didn't reply if that works... reply back if some prob solved or not... we need to know the result also. ;)

Solved

Silly me..the last place I looked was in the box that my sound card came in. Sure enough, I found two step down adapters that enabled me to plug the wider midi plugs into the narrower ports. So, I never did have to try the joystick interface.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Back