help!!! Tascam US-144MKII making insain crackling noise!

coryj

hey guys so i hope someone can help me out!

i just got into recording, and bought a Tascam US-144MKII interface to plug my stuff into. im running it off of a Macbook Pro.

anyways, i open Audio MIDI setup, and plug the interface in. immediately, (before even opening anything, having even plugged in a mic) there is this terrible crackling sound. i have my headphone plugged into the interface and the OUTPUT going through the interface. (obviously)

i've set the OUTPUT to "built in speakers" and then just plugged my headphones into my computer, thus eliminating the crackling, but i dont want to have to do that!

talked to a guy at the music store he said something about sample rates? he did a TERRIBLE job on showing me what i had to do so hoping someone knows whats up!!

thanks alot, hope im not leaving out any important info. thanks,

Cory

You are feeding the builtin soundcard of your computer into an amplifier. Lucky you didn't get smoke instead of crackling. The Tascam replaces your soundcard. I'm a windows guy so not up on the apple methods, but, you need to set the tascam as your soundcard, not feed it line level as built in speakers.

Back