Help a noob with keyboard Yamaha NP-11, midi signal sent incorrectly.

VegasBro

Hello everyone!
As the title I am trying to connect a Yamaha Piaggero np-11 to my pc. Unfortunately I am experiencing issues on the midi signal sent and I need help to troubleshoot and see where is the problem.

I am using a USB to midi IN/Out cable and Windows 10 and, although the device get recognized correctly as "USB composite device", it doesn't work very well. I tested the signal with MIDIOX and it receives pretty much one note every 4-5 or so and sometimes only the "note on" or the "note off" very randomly.

I tried on another pc, same situation. At this point I would like to understand if the problem might be the cable, the keyboard itself (of course it works perfectly on its own) or the fact that I am not using an audio interface. I thought I needed specific drivers but I didn't really find anything that solve the problem.

I am new to this so I might miss something very obvious to you. Feel free to ask if you need any more info.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you resolve the midi problem with Yamaha Piaggero NP11? I want to use my NP11 as a midi controller with Ableton live 10

Back