Haning notes, missed notes

jordanstreet

Hey I went on eBay and bought this interface because I needed a quick way to just use my keyboard (Yamaha PSR225) as a controller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110212327331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

Now I'm going through Reaper and any instrument I play lets say mda's Piano if I run my hand across the keyboard fast you get about 3-4 notes that keep on ringing. And randomly when I'd play it some notes wouldn't sound. (I would hit the keyboard key but the VST instrument didn't receive it).

Any help is appreciated,
Jordan

i hate to say it but you get what you pay for.. You cant buy a decent midi cable for that much, much less a decent interface. Does it do the same thing with other software? What soundcard are you using?

Yeah it does it with other software too. My sound card is an M-Audio Delta 44. I guess I was under the impression that since theres no sound quality or anything of that nature and it's just data that all were basically the same quality.

I'd probably just be better of getting a Key station or something that interfaces via USB and feels nicer too!

it's entirely posssible that the problem is the keyboard... for wahtever reason it aint sending the note off info... on the lowend one compromise they make is in the processor and the key scan chip... the end result is similar to what used to be called note rip-off... only it sustains..

Back