Getting MIDI Setup to record (-->Triton)

laj35

Hey there,

Have been scouring both the Triton and Cubase manuals trying to figure out what settings needed to be disabled/enabled to allow me to get set up to record MIDI sequences. I have also done a LARGE amount of reading in regards to just what MIDI entails and feel as though I have a fairly good grasp of what it's all about. My problem seems to be that I can't get the Triton to record /playback multi-voices--I can record say one piano part on channel two, but when I go to record/playback say a bassline on chnl. 3, I get nothing. I feel pretty confident that I'm missing something simple here (i.e. local control on or off on the Triton, etc???). In any event I'm running Cubase 5.0R6, PIII 866 256mb, split into three drives, M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card. I have no midi interface as of yet and would like to be able to record without one for the time being as fundage is sorta short lately.

Thanks a ton in advance for any thoughts/ideas that might steer me in the right direction.

Laj

I dont have cubase or the Triton but with Korgs:

Make sure you are in Combi mode for multi timbral playback.

In global settings Turn LOCAL OFF so you only hear what is looped thru Cubase

Make sure it is setup to transmit on CH 1 and listen on all channels.

My fault for not clarifying what I meant by midi interface, sorry. I meant I have no MULTI in/out interface like this:

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/product.cfm?Product_ID=969

which I plan to buy as soon as I can scrounge up the cash, as I readily use a few other midi controlled pieces o hardware. As you said Alchuck, the Audiophile does have an interface so I am using the sequencer in Cubase. Tex, thanks for the ideas, I'm at work right now but will definitely give those a go when I get home, hopefully that will do the trick.

Laj

Got it figured out fellas, thanks and all. Had to do with something simple and easy, as I suspected-->I'm a moron.

Laj

It's ALWAYS something simple and easy. You just have to try 500 simple and easy things until you find the one that works.

Back