Basic help with EWQL Silver sounds and midi

torito

Hi guys, I've been working with midi scores for publishing but only a little for production. I have the EWQL Silver Orquestra wich have amazing sounds for my files, but how can I use them with Sibelius, Cubase sx 3, or Gigastudio 3?
I will upgrade my sound card; but for now Sound Blaster live! is working at least to playback with limited ins and outs. I've been serching in the EWQL web but the documentation does not address this simple issue of how to connect the applications to work together. I know it is a silly question for those experienced users...but for me is all that matters now!
Thanks in advance,

Torito, a rookie

Let's take the example of Cubase SX3.

What you have bought is a 'plugin' module that needs to be run from inside a program like Cubase. Plugins extend the capability of audio/midi sequencers by adding 'virtual instrument' capability.

Put the East West Quantum Library '.dll' file into the Cubase VST plugins folder. Then follow the program directions to activate the plugin on a the desired track.

And welcome to the board!

Thanks for the advice...but...

ssscientist said:
Let's take the example of Cubase SX3.

What you have bought is a 'plugin' module that needs to be run from inside a program like Cubase. Plugins extend the capability of audio/midi sequencers by adding 'virtual instrument' capability.

Put the East West Quantum Library '.dll' file into the Cubase VST plugins folder. Then follow the program directions to activate the plugin on a the desired track.

And welcome to the board!

Hi ssscientist, Thanks for the advice, but it did not make a lot of progress. Now the Cubase crashes while loading the EWQL mixer and/or load it on channel 17 and up, well out reach of my sound card, I guess (?) Next week I will install the audiophile 92 sound card
wich will do a better job handling drivers. I had to install a Kx generic driver to
work with Asio drivers. I see the potencial I have with samplers, so I will keep trying.

Thanks again,
Torito

Did you put the .DLL file into the VST plugins folder? It sounds like you're still trying to run two programs at the same time.

This is all done from within Cubase. Use a blank song and track number one. Then bring up a plugin --- read the manual for instructions --- then select an instrument and you should be ready to play from your midi controller keyboard.

ssscientist said:
Did you put the .DLL file into the VST plugins folder? It sounds like you're still trying to run two programs at the same time.

This is all done from within Cubase. Use a blank song and track number one. Then bring up a plugin --- read the manual for instructions --- then select an instrument and you should be ready to play from your midi controller keyboard.

Yes,
The sub-folder Synths is in the folder VST plugins and contatins the files EWQLSOSilverVST.dll and EWQLSOSDXiVST.dll. Everything is in the Cubase Folder installation. I am not making live music yet, i just
want to play and record my midi files thru the samplers, as I used to do with my old Roland JV-1010. That was easy, but I never heard about VST plugins, sorry. I have problems getting playback with the transporter. It's confusing. It played right the first time when I installed Cubase but after a lot a messing around it does not work for me. Thanks again for the excellent support,

Torito

torito said:
It played right the first time when I installed Cubase but after a lot a messing around it does not work for me. Thanks again for the excellent support,
You're giving up? Without getting it working? When you're this close? Seems foolish to me, but OK.

Maybe you need some Cubase-specific help. Atterion and Halion are two current homerecording.com Cubase users and sending each of them a PM (private message) would probably net you more specific info than I can offer.

ssscientist said:
You're giving up? Without getting it working? When you're this close? Seems foolish to me, but OK.

Maybe you need some Cubase-specific help. Atterion and Halion are two current homerecording.com Cubase users and sending each of them a PM (private message) would probably net you more specific info than I can offer.

Of course I'm not giving up! I just realize my limitations.
I've been self taught in computers and know what it takes to learn...as a music educator this is a challenge I have accepted. I will contact those users you mention for more help. This weekend I will install the Audiophile 192 and check some tutorials found at:
http://www.thewhippinpost.co.uk/cubase/cubase-tutorials.htm
They look helpful for me.
I will keep you informed,

Torito

ssscientist said:
Atterion and Halion are two current homerecording.com Cubase users and sending each of them a PM (private message) would probably net you more specific info than I can offer.
Oh sure!!!!!!!!!
Set me up with the rookies. I see how you are :D
Seriously though I'm on this, and working with Torito as we speak. And I just want to call him Dorito :)

Back