Alternatives to Roland TD 10 sound bank

VertuGoGo

we recorded drum tracks using the Roland TD-10, but we borrowed it from a friend. now we don't have it anymore and it's way to expensive to buy right now. we tried using the roland sound canvas software as a sound bank for the drums but it sounds horrible (compared to the TD-10 at least). it's too bad you can't buy the TD-10 as a software package. does anyone know of any other software program out there where the drum sounds are pretty decent? or better yet, as good as the TD-10's?

I think many nowdays software offering very good drums replacement. You can use Fruity Loops foor looping, or Sound Forge Acid. Or the cheapest way is using SoundFont with your sequencer (need SoundFont capable soundcard like SB Live!). Using software sampler might work too. Notice that for resulting a good quality drums sound with most software depends on the sound source (the sample or the SF2 files). The better the source, the better the result. Another thing to consider is using software based drums somehow needs more knowledge dealing with the way you do the job. (MIDI, or sampling knowledge). Not so complicated if you want take time to learn step by step. Many people here will help you find the way... ;)

thanks james, but i don't think my sound card (audiophile 2496) is capable of soundfonts. i tried to use one and i doesn't work. we went ahead and got ourselves a TD-8. the TD-10 has a lot of options that we don't really use anyway (like the mic distance from the drumhead). so seems like problem solved (for now).

Back