Yeti Pro Latency

Andrew Lawson

Hey Guys! Brand new here. Signed up 2 minutes ago.
Only started recording with a good mate a few months ago and thought it was about time i'd have a crack.

Having an issue with latency from my yeti pro into ableton live 10. Can't quite figure out how to fix it. I've messed around with Buffer size in audio preferences but nothing seems to be working. Do you think an adaptor from Usb to Usb C could be the problem. Recently bought a new macbook pro with no usb ports so had to buy adaptor.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i'm pulling my hair out haha. Oh and any other help for a newbie to recording would be great.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Andrew

I suspect you just need to turn off input monitoring in Ableton and use the built in input monitoring function of the Yeti.

Macs really don't like USB mics, well my old one and current one certainly don't. I have had one about tens years that I only use for testing and the driver it loads is a generic one that really works for podcasting and nothing else. I fear that for recording with a proper daw, you need to move to a real quality interface and have a choice of real mics. I don't think there's a workable solution that's future proof. Even if you find a miracle, next OS upgrade could wreck it.

USB c won't help at all I'm afraid.

Back