Wireless mic for meetings

Rami Dorin

Hi,

i have a big meeting room, with one speaker at the time, i need a wireless mic so i could use to it without the hassle of wires because of changing speaker location

any of you have any recommendations for a decent mic that can connect to Chromeos meeting box?

Thanks

Hi,

i have a big meeting room, with one speaker at the time, i need a wireless mic so i could use to it without the hassle of wires because of changing speaker location

any of you have any recommendations for a decent mic that can connect to Chromeos meeting box?
Thanks

do you mean the Dell Chromebox for Meetings

it boots to a special "kiosk" mode of Google Hangouts to better facilitate the video-conferencing features of the device

looks like you use the pc mike else the microphone provided

the instructions say
The best speaker-microphone placement depends on the size and layout of the conference room:

To cover an entire room with a long table, set the speaker-microphone about a third of the way from the end of the table closest to the display. (Adjust as needed.)
For rooms where participants sit at one end of the room facing the display, place the speaker-microphone at the end of the table closest to the Chromebox and the display.
In larger rooms where participants sit around a table independent of the position of the display, put the speaker-microphone in the center of the table.
If using the Chromebox for meetings in a large room, use the dual speaker-microphones provided.

I assume you mean Chromebox? You can use external audio devices but they connect via USB, so in general this is one input - so you need a few things. A mixer with USB I don't think would work (not tried it) but the Chromebox expects a mono input and the mixers supply stereo. If you can borrow one to try it could be good news, and you will just need a microphones for your local contributors, and practically any radio mic plugged into it. If the mixer doesn't work then you are left with those horrible usb devices with an xor for a mic on one end, and a USB on the other. You would need somebody to work the mixer, to turn off the wireless mic while it's being passed around to the next contributor. You're going to have to experiment I'm afraid. Im also not quite certain if the voice cancellation will work on multiple mics with timing differences. The cancellation could be very poor and the system feedback?

You really are going to have to scrape around and borrow some stuff and try it.

Pretty well the main players in professional, licensable systems are Sennheiser and Shure, with plenty of other good brands around. For a handheld, the differences are small for speech so there are plenty of good ones to choose - but until you find out for certain it works, borrow or hire in.

I assume you mean Chromebox? You can use external audio devices but they connect via USB, so in general this is one input - so you need a few things. A mixer with USB I don't think would work (not tried it) but the Chromebox expects a mono input and the mixers supply stereo. If you can borrow one to try it could be good news, and you will just need a microphones for your local contributors, and practically any radio mic plugged into it. If the mixer doesn't work then you are left with those horrible usb devices with an xor for a mic on one end, and a USB on the other. You would need somebody to work the mixer, to turn off the wireless mic while it's being passed around to the next contributor. You're going to have to experiment I'm afraid. Im also not quite certain if the voice cancellation will work on multiple mics with timing differences. The cancellation could be very poor and the system feedback?

You really are going to have to scrape around and borrow some stuff and try it.

Pretty well the main players in professional, licensable systems are Sennheiser and Shure, with plenty of other good brands around. For a handheld, the differences are small for speech so there are plenty of good ones to choose - but until you find out for certain it works, borrow or hire in.

the way i read the OP it is one of the add ons called chromebox for meetings
usied with google hangouts

if its not the dell then maybe asus
ASUS Chromebox for meetings | Desktops | ASUS USA

here at 1:21 it shows how to connect the PROVIDED MICROPHONE
YouTube

this one shows testing the PROVIDED MICROPHONE
YouTube

and yet another one telling how to set up everything
YouTube

Back